Starkey Properties Terms and Conditions: This contract constitutes an agreement between the Guest and Starkey Property Management as agent to rent the premises managed by Starkey Vacation Rentals. The restrictions, conditions and limitations described below
are included as part of this agreement.
The Guest agrees to the following CANCELLATION POLICY:
(Reservations between 1 - 29 Nights)
Upon booking a 30% deposit is due with the final balance DUE 30 days prior to arrival. Cancellations made 31 days or more prior to arrival are subject to a full refund minus the $100.00 cancellation fee. Cancellations within 30 days prior to arrival are subject
to full forfeiture of payment. Reservation dates can not be moved after final payment has been made unless property is unavailable. There are no refunds for early departures. MasterCard, Visa, Discover, AMEX and Checks are accepted; a valid credit card is
required if paying in cash. Checks/Money orders are to be mailed to P.O. Box 1780, Port Aransas Texas, 78373. Rates are subject to change without notice. Published rates do not include the applicable lodging tax, reservation fee or cleaning fees.
Winter Texans Cancellation Policy
(Reservations 30 plus Nights)
- Return guests that stay for a minimum of 2 months will have 2 weeks from the date of their arrival to reserve the same property for the next year. Advance Deposits will be required at time of booking.
- A $600.00 advance deposit is required at time of reservation. This can be paid by Cash, check/money order and/or credit card, Your credit card will be kept on file and charged per your payment schedule. No reservation will be confirmed without a credit
card, debit cards are not an approved form of payment.
- The remianing balance of the first month's rent and all fees will be due and charged to your credit card 60 days prior to arrival.
- Each monthly rental charge after your arrival is due 30 days in advance.
- Upon arrival, you will be charged for your second month's rent, if applicable, and so on each month. Each month is prepaid 30 days in advance.
- Cancelations must be made more than 90 days prior to arrival to receive a full refund less a $100.00 cancelation fee.
- Cancelations within 90 days of arrival are subject to forfeiture of all deposits. At the time of booking you will be entering into a contractual agreement for the full amount of your stay.
All of our units are self-catering and offer no maid service during the stay. We supply the start-up supply of paper products. You will need to purchase or bring garbage bags, paper towels, coffee filters and bath tissue, as well as dishwashing soaps, bath
soaps and laundry soap. For your convenience there is a grocery store on the island, an HEB and Wal-Mart in Flour Bluff and Aransas Pass.
All our properties are furnished with bed and bath linens. In your rental you will find towels stocked at 1.5 towels per person for maximum occupancy. We do not offer daily towel service but most of our units are furnished with washers and dryers if you desire
fresh towels daily. In addition beach towels are not provided, You will need to bring your own.
All kitchens are equipped with pots, pans and dishes, and large & small appliances. Any specialty items you wish to cook with you will need to bring with you.
You are a valued guest and we want to do everything possible to make your trip enjoyable and memorable. In the event that circumstances may cause cancellation or interruption,
or in the event of a mandatory evacuation, we recommend you purchase travel insurance. We offer Red Sky Travel Insurance with every reservation. For more information, please go to:
www.suntripreserer.com or if you have questions, call 1-866-889-7409.
Rates and Accommodation Substitutions
All prices, services and amenities are subject to change without notice. Due to resale and maintenance issues, Starkey Property Management reserves the right to move the guests to a comparable property. Every effort will is made to ensure the guests are
booked in the property of their choice.
Starkey Property Management only rents to responsible parties. All guests must be must be 25 years or older, unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. A state drivers license or other acceptable ID is required at check in.
Starkey Property Management does not allow rentals for Wedding Parties, Fraternity Parties, Bachelor or Bachelorette Parties.
Guest also understands that a 3 night minimum stay is required on all major holidays. Starkey Property Management reserves the right to refuse service.
Privately Owned Condos and Houses
The Guest understands that the accommodations are privately owned and furnished by the owner. Starkey Property Management and the owner are not required or obligated to provide additional furnishings or equipment.
- Most televisions have cable, but some may be satellites. They have been checked prior to your arrival. If you remove the access cards or change cables, etc, the service will be interrupted and you will not have TV during your stay. Our maintenance staff
will not come out for television problems you have created.
- If the major appliances — including air conditioning — become inoperable, Starkey Property Management will exert every effort to have them repaired. Starkey Property Management will also make every effort to relocate the Guest if it becomes necessary. Agent
cannot guarantee the time required to make repairs.
- Guest understands that each unit is furnished in relation to the owner’s taste, and this will vary among properties. All properties are individually owned, so please take care of the property as you would your own.
- Kitchens are well equipped with basic cooking needs (dishes, silverware, pots, pans, coffee makers, microwaves and toasters).
- Each property is “Inspected” & signed off on by our Housekeeping Supervisor prior to your check-in and upon your check-out.
- Two keys will be given to each arrival.
- Any missing items, broken items, smoking, unauthorized pets, excessive cleaning, soiled/stained towels, or trash removal will be billed to your credit card.
- Starkey Property Management offers no extra towels or maid service. Some suggested items to bring are beach towels, extra paper goods (toilet paper, facial tissue and paper towels), extra pillows if you wish to sleep with more than one, coffee filters,
bathing soap and shampoo, extra dish soap, extra trash bags, sun tan lotion/sun block and beach gear.
- Our properties have what is termed as Owner’s closet, Owner’s rooms, or Owner’s garage. These areas are locked and off limits to the Guest. If you attempt to break into the owner's areas, you will be charged for breaking and entering private property. We
perform inspections after departure and we do prosecute.
Many of our properties have occupancy limits, which are advertised on the website. These limits include adults and children. Be sure that you are aware of these limits prior to reserving the unit. If you have more than the allowed occupancy limits staying
in the rental property, you will be asked to leave without refund.
Services and Amenities
Many properties have special amenities on the property or access to special amenities, including, but not limited to: roof decks, elevated decks, spa, hot tub, Jacuzzi, whirlpool, sauna and swimming pool. Unless otherwise posted, Guest is allowed reasonable
use of these amenities during Guest’s rental period.
- The Guest recognizes that there are inherent risks in the use of these amenities, which may include personal injury and property damage.
- Guest agrees to use the amenities in a safe manner and follow any instructions regarding the use of the amenity.
- Guest recognizes that there are risks to children in the use of many of the amenities provided with the property.
- Guest recognizes that there are risks to the use of any of the amenities provided if they are used in a manner for which they were not designed.
- Guest further recognizes that the use of these amenities may be UNSAFE if: used for an extended period of time; used by individuals who are pregnant or who may become pregnant; used by individuals while under the influence of drugs, alcohol or medication,
or; used by individuals with certain health risks.
- The Guest acknowledges and assumes all risks for the use of any amenities provided with the rental property and Guest further agrees that Guest is wholly responsible and liable for any injury or damage to persons or property as a result of their use of
the amenities provided with the property.
- Guest further agrees to indemnify, save, protect, defend and hold harmless Starkey Property Management, Starkey Vacation Rentals and the owners of the property for any damages, costs or attorneys fees incurred as a result of any injury or damage from the
use of the amenities.
- The Guest agrees to assume sole responsibility in relation to these risks and Guest agrees Guest is responsible and liable and will pay agent upon request for any damages to these amenities caused by Guest’s misuse or negligence.
Guest agrees to use only the parking spaces provided by the property. If you block anyone’s driveway or do not observe the appropriate parking places provided, the offending vehicle will be towed at owners expense without notice. Please follow all parking
regulations and guidelines for your specific community.
Many properties offer parking underneath the residence. Please note the height of parking under the house. If you damage the house or supporting pillars the Guest agrees to pay for all repairs.
No RV’s, campers, or trailers are permitted on any of the properties. No parking on empty lots. Violation of this will result in being asked to leave without refund.
Please observe any no trespassing signs for any next-door properties. The owners are very serious about no trespassing on their property and will call the police.
Please be respectful of your neighbors. Many of these are permanent residents. No loud music or outside parties after 9:00 p.m. Residents will call the police and, if necessary, you will be asked to leave without refund.
Observe speed limits at all times. There are many small children living in our rental areas.
For our houses that have access only by way of the beach, a driveway has been made accessible for you upon check in; however, wind conditions are constantly changing by the ocean and sand is blown around. Starkey Property Management will not be responsible
if a vehicle or vehicles become stuck in the sand. You will have to hire a private towing service to assist you.
Guest understands that pets are allowed ONLY in pet friendly properties. Violators will be asked to leave with no refund, and will be charged a $500.00 clean up fee.
We will allow one pet no larger than 25 lbs. unless otherwise stated in the property description. You are instructed that the pet must be on a leash when outside or at the beach. If an unauthorized pet in found in any unit you will be asked to leave without
Starkey Property Management will charge your credit card for the following items:
- $100.00 charge for lock outs, extra keys, & non-returned keys.
- A minimum of $50.00 if you leave trash in the house. Trash cans and dumpsters have been provided for your use during your stay.
- A $500.00 fine for smoking in our properties.
Check your property before you leave. SPM WILL NOT be responsible for any items left in the property.
Limitation of Liability
Guest agrees to indemnify, save, protect, defend and hold harmless Starkey Property Management, Starkey Vacation Rentals, its agents or assignees, and the owners of the property for any and all claims, actions, suits, demands, damages and costs related to
defending same, including attorneys fees incurred as a result of any injuries to persons or damages to property, including any damages that are the result of the negligence of Starkey Property Management, Starkey Vacation Rentals, its agents or assignees,
and the owners of the property; any damages that are the result of Starkey Property Management, Starkey Vacation Rentals, its agents or assignees, and the owners of the property being sued for as a result of the acts or omissions of Guest or arising out of
the acts or omissions of Guest.
Representatives from Starkey Property Management have the express right to enter the rented properties at any time, with or without the Guest’s consent to inspect the property or perform routine maintenance. Starkey Property Management (361) 749-3591 Marcus
Starkey, Broker Fax: (361) 749-3888.